- I need to go through and check the family trees described here against the genealogies that mom had previously built-- to make sure that we encompassed all of the children at least for that cross-section in history.
- To continue from (1), it would be useful to do the full descendancy research for these 16 couples... which would be a significant undertaking. Due to the Mormon genealogists in the family, I have reason to expect that [1-8] are fairly well up-to-date. I have talked to Frank Shanklin who did the descendancy research for , which I mostly tied together in FamilySearch.org. That leaves [10-16] as kind of a half-hearted attempt at this point to get everything lined up properly in the family tree.
- I'd like to go through the family pictures and make sure they are appropriately linked to the family tree, as well.
- Each of the descriptions written this month need to be error-checked by another set of eyes to see if I made any glaring errors, or left out any of the pertinent facts.
- Once couples [1-16] are nice and tidy, the families that connect me to them (mostly entered as Bonus entries need to be more fully documented.
- With all of the [1-16] families stories and histories polished up, and with the families that link us to them drafted and checked, it would be useful (I think), to compile this into a booklet form or something that could be printed and serve as a quick reference.
- An extension to this would be to go back and repeat this exercise for the 8 from my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and Jen's birth-father. That would give us (32+32+16)=80 people, and on down to their 40 direct-line kids, 20 direct-line grandkids, 10 direct-line ggrandkids, and 5 gggrands (which constitute our parents!), for a total of 155 people that most directly have influence who we are. Big Project!!!
Nov 23: A Bedford County Primer
Nov 24: Thomas Christopher Thompson and Nancy Achsah King (couple 13)
Nov 25: Elijah Roberts and Maggie Ella Ray (couple 14)
Nov 25: Bonus: General Marion Ray (father of couple 14)
Nov 26: Bonus: Thomas Lacy Roberts (father of couple 14)
Nov 26: An LDS faith-promoting genealogy story
Nov 27: Bonus: Estill Ernest Thompson and Lounettie Jennings (grandchildren of 13,14,15,16)
Nov 28: Samuel Thomas Jennings and Lou Vicie Phillips (couple 15)
Nov 28: Bonus: Robert Cross Jennings (father of couple 15)
Nov 28: Bonus: Garrett Phillips (father of couple 15)
Nov 28: Bonus: Matthew Phillips (grandfather of couple 15)
Nov 29: Lucius Junius Osborn and Martha Elmore (couple 16)
Nov 29: Shanklin GGGGrandparents review
Nov 30: Tennessee Land Grants
|Possibly Thomas Lacy Roberts (1807-1884) Tintype. (The oldest family photo I've come across so far.)|