Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

November is Genealogy Month for my NaBloPoMo

This month I'm participating in NaBloPoMo in a sort of non-traditional way.  In July I got hooked on genealogy on using FamilySearch.org and other related sites, and I can't put it down.  Therefore, this month, I'm scavenging family stories from various sources and recording some insights into the life and times of my 32 great-great-great grandparents.  I'm going to try to span both my dad's side of the family (very well documented at that generation) and my mom's side of the family (I'll be digging during the second half of this month!)

This whole thing really started because during the course of our interesting lunch conversations at work, I brought up that I was involved in family history and online research, and someone said, "It'd be really interesting to see pins on a map to show what kind of cross-section of the world you represent.  So I picked this generation, because the records are fairly accessible (early to mid 1800s).

Here's the resulting map (dad's side was coming from England/Wales, mom's side was firmly planted in the South!)



 
For my cousins, this will be interesting and pertinent.  For others, some posts will be only interesting, and some will be quite pertinent.  So be it!

Sorry I didn't warn you earlier.  Here's where I am so far, working my way through the 16 couples and their stories:

Nov 1: Starting Point
Nov 2: Jackson/Wooley (couple 1)
Nov 3: Jackson/Wooley part 2 (couple 1)
Nov 4: Hatch/Perry (couple 2)
Nov 5: Perry/Hatch (couple 2)
Nov 5: Bonus!  Ira Stearns Hatch (father of couple 2 husband)
Nov 6: Rex/Mead (couple 3)
Nov 6: Mead, part 2 (couple 3)
Nov 7: Brough/Bott (couple 4)
Nov 8: Wagstaff/Humberstone (couple 5)
Nov 9: Gibby/Stevenson (couple 6)
Nov 10: Smith/Wadsworth (couple 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment