Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Second Wave of Family Stories

Now that we're three quarters through the month and I'm three quarters through with outlining the family stories of my family from 5 generations back, I thought I'd send the links to the compilations.

In summary, I finished up my dad's side of the family (the first three posts.  Jacksons take note!), then paused for a bit to summarize and chart out the tools of the trade and the what I'm trying to accomplish from a process standpoint.


After those, I charted through my mom's dad's family in a series of 9 posts (Shanklins take note!).  In the next few days, I'll be working on mom's mom's family (Thompsons, Jennings, et al.).  Hope you are enjoying this!  It's handy to have the "family directory" of stories put together in one place.  In the end, I'll port the pertinent portion of these into FamilySearch.org Memories section, to make them even more permanent.


Nov 11: Albert Smith (son of couple 7 & 8)
Nov 12: Storton/Jeffrey (couple 8)
Nov 13: Jackson Side GGG Grandparent Summary
Nov 14: Survey of a few Genealogy Tools
Nov 15: My "genealogy process"
Nov 16: Shanklin/Young (couple 9)
Nov 16: Harvesting Wheat by Hand
Nov 17: Maxey/Byars (couple 10)
Nov 18: George Harrison Shanklin (son of couple 9)
Nov 19: Everett Shanklin and Obeira Breeden (grandchildren of couples 9, 10, 11, and 12)
Nov 20: Breeden/Anderson (couple 11)
Nov 21: Weakley County, Tennessee: A Resource
Nov 22: Reed/Chambers (couple 12)
Nov 23: James Priestley Breeden and Ida Eugenia Reed (children of couples 11 and 12)


The children and grandchildren of Jim Maxey and Mary Byars, sometime around 1898, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment